Monday, April 11, 2011

What Are Blogs?

Really, what are blogs?  I never really understood the name blog when I first heard it.  Frankly, I still don't get it.  After all, aren't blogs the same things as people writing articles online?  That is what it used to be called.  It has just been repackaged and called a blog.

Then again, online articles and columns, from say sports or news websites, are a bit different than a traditional blog.  I consider a blog something that the average everyday Joe writes and posts online.  The blog gives us the forum to post our thoughts and opinions for people to read.

However, in reality, my blog is no different than a news reporter's thoughts.  We just give it a fancy name to fit into the web dictionary.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't quite understand blogging.  We are spending our limited time to post thoughts that we don't even know if anyone will read.  That is sort of strange in concept.  However, they are more popular than ever, especially among the younger generations.  Perhaps it is their way of communicating, their norm and I am the one who is out of touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment